Sunday, September 27, 2009

Merce Festival


Last night was filled with many firsts, I ate a baby squid that was cooked in it's own ink, I had cow intestines and little fried fish that were not debonded or de scaled. Yum.

I went to dinner with some friends and after we went to see the Correfoc. That's for the Merce Festival when people carry poles that have giant sparklers that shoot massive flames at you (just imagine a giant umbrella that shoots giant sparks out ) and then people run under it and you jump around and stuff and I DID IT!! There is a video of it and pictures and everything. We were not prepared to go though bc we were all wearing shorts and sandles and everyone had masks, goggles and pants and covered shoes. We made do, we passed around Mike's sweatshirt. No one got burned too bad just some close calls on others. hah

After that we decided to go to The Hives concert. We had no idea where it was so we spent a long time asking around and jsut walking to where we thought it should be. We eventually found it. We also found a man playing the piano, but he was 20 feet up in the air and the piano was vertical and he was just sitting in a chair playing. it was interesting. So we get to the concert and it is PACKED. Literally I was getting pushed every which way so we onyl stayed for a couple songs but it was worht it. After that I went home and slept bc I was exhausted.

Today we are having Enrique's daughter, husband and 2 kids come over for lunch. After that I think I am going to a fireworks show for the end of Merce. And next weekend is London :)

No comments:

Post a Comment