Monday, September 21, 2009

Here is a longer more detailed blog now that I have a chance.

Spain is BEAUTIFUL! There are so many pretty buildings everywhere.

I live in a decent neighborhood. It’s a couple blocks from the Barca soccer stadium which is really awesome because when there are games I can hear it from my balcony. The only bad things bout my neighborhood is that apparently there are tranny hookers that do business around my area. Have not seen any. Also people like to set the trash cans on fire near my house and you can smell it for a while.

My room is tiny but I am used to it and I will never take for granted my house or my dorm room again.

Things that are different in Spain:

  1. They show a lot more on the news than at home. Example, boobs, people have sex (it’s all on the news)
  2. Big lunch little dinner
  3. Siesta
  4. Light switches are really low
  5. Tiny apartments
  6. Kids live at home for a long time. They don’t move out for college.

Things that are the same

  1. Creepy construction men yelling, except I don’t know everything they are yelling bc it’s in Spanish. I am sure they are just yelling “Have a good day young lady”
  2. They have an E! channel too I forget what it’s called though
  3. I’m sure there are others I just can’t think of any

My legs are going to be in such good shape when I get home bc I walk all over the city. It takes me about 30 minutes on the metro and walking a little to get to class.

I go to Universitat de Barcelona and it is a castle. No joke. It is GEORGOUS. Nothing like MC haha. I will post pictures.

Today I have my grammar class and Civil War class. Then some friends and I will probably go to this local bar (Fran’s) and hang out before going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment